Sunday, February 13, 2011

So much blog...too much blarg.



Pure pumpkin puree, chocolate mousse....






Sue Pritchard and Olivia Keane: victoriabootcamp.ca























CURRENT FACEBOOK STATUS: drinking diet pepsi straight from the 2ltr n blogging - fml...get me a cat - one with a disease that gives him patchy hair and a leaky anus.


I have been MIA, I know. That no faaking excuse. In my defense, it all relates back in one way or another to this blog. Things have kinda taken off on the business side of the Unmanageable Oven, in no small part to all of you out there (mostly due to my noted pushy sales tactics). In any case...can't forget where I came from so back to basics:

I OWE A SHOUT OUT...Olivia Keane and Sue Pritchard (above...not the mousse...that's mousse) who are teaching a nutrition class at Studio 4 as an extension of their top-rated bootcamp. The class not only dispels some major mainstream notions of what heath food and nutrition are but also guides us through meal planning, grocery shopping and in-depth info on a variety of things such as protein needs, sugar cravings, healthy fats, amino acids, etc. I've only had two classes so far but I feel like I am well on my way to making healthy eating manageable and affordable - really, if you know me, 'manageable' isn't really my forte - but I'm #$%*@! working on it (that's 'Wingdings 2' for certainly). Anyhow, the mousse below is killer and right up my alley... packed with protein, complex carbs, chocolate and a low sugar content (no refined!). Just one of the many fantastic ideas from Sue and Olivia- (pure pumpkin, cocoa powder, coconut oil, protein powder, agave and cinnamon).
For those of you who don't know, I'm a long distance runner and am training for my first marathon in June. I've also taken up boxing and squeeze in bootcamp a few times a week...couple this with telecommuting, running an underground bakery from my apartment, a relationship (he makes it easy, xo), maintaining a blog and trying to stay sane and you get unmanageablity, no?. So, this class, while it is one more thing on my plate, is perfect for my lifestyle and will help me become more accurate and knowledgeable in giving tips to you guys. That said...I gotta go to bed...crazy but awesome weekend and got a hellova coming up - it starts again and we try to be better than the last -'try' being the operative word.
I do promise to be more diligent in my posts and to expand the content a bit more as i figure out my mobile uploads etc. Keep reading and I'll keep trying to wade through the bullshit and chaos and make some sense of this. Its more for me than you anyway...but you knew that, right?

To contact Olivia and Sue for bootcamp inquiries, personal training and nutrition seminars please visit victoriabootcamp.ca or:

Sue Pritchard
250-514-8465 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 250-514-8465 end_of_the_skype_highlighting

Olivia Keane
250-507-4641 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 250-507-4641 end_of_the_skype_highlighting

victoriabootcamp@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment