Sunday, March 27, 2011

Bread...an experiment in culture...and bacteria!



So, I lost my bread instructions...not that they were that helpful as the were written down in weight and I lack a scale (let me know if you have one...i would like it) but I figure experimentation is the way to go most of the time, ya?

Today I tackled a whole wheat/spelt mix with toasted seed mix and a chunk of old sheep cheese that has been growing in my fridge (don't judge - I have volunteers for my experimentation...I call it 'boyfriend'...thanks Chris...xo). I decided to go by feel as is usually best but the yeast and salt measurements might be off.
Whatever the outcome, it will be edible and you never know...i may discover cold fusion in the process...or a rabbit hole that leads to an infinite bucket of psychedelic ice cream. Keep ya posted....

No comments:

Post a Comment