Saturday, April 9, 2011

I choose not to scream at my washing machine...for at least 20 more minutes.


There's a lot to be said about down time. I forget that I can actually choose to sloooow thiiiiiiings dooooown. Things have been a bit haywire, what with a new job coupled with a bootleg baking operation, my obsession with punching things and running ridiculously long distances through traffic and opposite schedules of the one person who can make me sit still and breath less like a chimpanzee in heat and more like a chimpanzee not in heat. Today I took some decisive time to enjoy time. I still go to the only place that hasn't been invaded by hipsters and hybrid-humping yuppies who buy bread just because that's what they 'do' on a Saturday - Fol Epi/Cafe Fantastico. I love this place...it being on 'the other side of town', it's like the bridges needed to access it and it's hard-to-describe location keeps the walking-dead of Victoria at bay. I had a killer middle-of-the-line Americano, a simple sandwich without chipotle inbred with Miracle Whip and some damn fine cookies. With that, time slowed down long enough for me to forget that when I cross back over that bridge the chaos might start again. I don't know how long my hide-away will last but I guess I don't really care at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment