Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Hernadez (735 Yeats Victoria, BC)...& dog poop.





My friend Byron took me for a quick lunch today at this weird and random Mexican place that straddles the hallway of a mini-mall on Yeats. We ordered beef borritos from one side of the mall and, after receiving a card with a random Spanish word printed on it, took our place in the seemingly ad-hoc seating arrangement on the other side. The burritios, and all of their fare, is served on butchers paper. I had to hunt down utensils and napkins on the other side of the void...no condiments are offered. The burritos, served on hand made corn tortilla with locally raised, pasture fed beef, are the best in the city...no arguments. They also offer mini tacos which seem to be the most ordered dish...I think its something ridiculous like 5 for $5. Go...i promise no disappointments.

On another note: some time in the next month Byron has challenged me to the first ever - inaugural Unmanageable Oven challenge...make hand-made corn tortillas. Will keep you all updated. In honor of that I would like to present the following text message feed that Byron and I had after we parted ways:

Byron: I got dog shit on my pants?!

Me: What the fuck are dogs doing shitting on your pants, bud?

Byron: I'm trying to figure that out.

Me: Huh. Cuz when I left u u did not smell like dog shit

Byron: Ok yah it's weird

Me: Keep me abreast of the situation.

Byron: I'm going home

Me: Good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment