Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Unmanageable Oven: An Open Statement


This blog is largely the product of confusion, frustration, dicey decision making, passion, curiosity, boredom and freedom. Some of you who know me will be able to make sense of this - others will not. Not to worry. Stick with me on this one, if only for a few posts, and I think you'll come to understand my intention.
I've long been passionate about food and the lifestyle such pursuits seem to foster. Over the past decade my professional and personal life has flirted with culinary curiosity and experimentation to little advancement yet has remain a constant and comforting source of drive and ambition.
One thing I certainly am not is a natural. Some people just have a way in the kitchen. I, by nature, am messy disorganized, easily distracted and, as most would likely agree, a bit too adventurous at times. In this age of gluten-free, fare-trade, local made, organic-grade, omega, amino, soy based bullshit I'm striving to find balance and reason in my life and in my oven. It's a battle but I love it.
I don't have all the proper equipment nor do I even venture a claim that I have any know-how, but I'm going to give it a shot anyway.The time in between the mental inception and the digital inception of this blog (a couple weeks??) I have taken on some fairly risky and highly unmanageable projects...a 525 degree oven with no proper mitts, cheese yielded from a cupboard and a sink, gluten-free, low fat, high protein, sugar-free chocolate zucchini cake (Eeeeepic failure that was well deserved). I have also delivered some delicious and socially conscious successes...homemade organic protein bars, oat PB fudge squares that have captured the hearts of literally 4's n5's of people, and some surprisingly healthy yeast cultures.
This blog is simply intended to be an outlet my hyper-extended ambitions. Seeing as food is always on my mind, that will be the focus, but my thoughts on anything from your terrible outfit to marathon training, from my new guilty pleasure to the mess your dog made on my rug, from minor annoyances to major grievances-Look for favorite podcasts, guest hosts, playlists, boxing matches, roadtrips and any suggestions that my future readers can offer. You'll find it all here. I'm tired of explaining all this. Just stay tuned...more will be revealed.

No comments:

Post a Comment