Monday, January 31, 2011

Mini Carrot Cake: Jill Style





My favorite new MUST HAVE item? A mini loaf tin.
This has been a long-coveted and long-searched for item that I finally stumbled upon at Save on for about $17.

My first mini-baked good: the carrot cake. My personal favorite.

However, as we all know I like to take a tried and tested recipe (poached from Baker's Illustrated) and manipulate it to suit my taste and needs...

The original recipe is not so very special but has more nutmeg and cloves than what you'll find in any given cafe or bakery (Note: according to a well-known local pastry chef BI is one and only go-to for web recipes but you must purchase a subscription. But if you're low budget like me - get a one day free trial and copy the recipes you want to Word. werd?).

In my version I used half whole wheat flour, toasted walnuts and crushed pineapple. I also used half brown sugar baking Splenda. And to finish 'er of low fat cream cheese icing.
This made no taste or consistency compromise what-so-ever! It's full flavour and super moist. Friggin amazing...

$22/half dozen...see facebook site or email me for the details
Orders: 48 hrs notice

No comments:

Post a Comment